Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Monitoring My GAME Plan Progress

"The ability to monitor and evaluate your personal and professional decisions is enhanced through reflection both "in action" and "on action" (Schon, 1983, as cited in Cennamo, Ertmer, & Ross, 2009, p.11)  As I progress with my GAME plan, I have made an effort to reflect in these ways.  To monitor my first goal, I have developed a spreadsheet to keep track of the various parts and deadlines.  I also started to create a checklist for students to use.  When I was completing these steps, I realized that it might also be useful to keep track of useful websites.  Though it wasn't part of my original plan, I have decided to create a pathfinder that students can use to find information about copyrighted material. 

I have also made progress with my second goal.  I was able to create a Screencast to show my colleagues how to access data from the EVAAS website. I received positive feedback from my colleagues about the information I provided, and some were also interested in learning how to create a screencast.  I am currently working on another technology tip to share with colleagues at our next staff meeting. 

Resources:

Cennamo, K., Ross, J. & Ertmer, P. (2009). Technology integration for meaningful classroom use: A standards-based approach. (Laureate Education, Inc., Custom ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment